PMJAY – PRADHAN MANTRI JAN AROGYA YOJANA:
PRADHAN DHAN MANTRI JAN AROGYA YOJANA is well known as PMJAY, and this scheme is introduced by our prime minister NARENDRA MODI which comes under one of his schemes Ayushman Bharat. It was first started in Ranchi, Jharkhand on 23 September 2018. The main aim of this scheme is to help the poor who are unable to meet the expenses of their hospitalization.
Let us see in this article how this scheme helps the poor and how to apply for this scheme and what are its benefits in detail:
What is PMJAY?
It is a new scheme, which comes under Ayushman Bharat. It is introduced by NARENDRA MODI, our prime minister of India, to help with the medical expenses of the people below the poverty line. In this scheme, a health cover of 5 lakh rupees is given per family per year. This is also known to be NHPS which expands to National Health Protection scheme. All the expenses under this scheme are given by the government and shared both by the central and state governments. 40% of the Indian population, i.e., above ten crore people are benefited under this scheme as of today.
What is the information available in PMJAY?
PMJAY is the scheme that is helping the poor in many ways. Let us see who are eligible for this scheme:
- Schedule tribes and scheduled castes are eligible
- Can be helpful for Surviving in slums and beggars
- Those who don’t have male members and aged 16 to 59 years.
How to access PMJAY?
You can access PMJAY by sitting in the home using your phone or laptop. The steps involved in accessing PMJAY is as follows:
- Visit the site mera.PMJAY.gov.in
- The second step is to go to the government website.
- On the home page, enter your phone number.
- Below it, you will get captcha, enter the captcha in the box given.
- Your name is enrolled in it after entering OTP; you have to select the state.
- Your name is enrolled in it, and it will appear on the right-hand side.
- After applying, you want to check. You can check it online.
Helpline number: 14555. You check your eligibility by calling this number. You will get an ID number AB –PMJAY ID; it is of 9 digits. Entering this number and pressing the search button, you will get your details.
Is PMJAY a government website?
Yes, PMJAY Is absolutely a government scheme. It involves many benefits for those whose annual income is between INR 30,000 to 3,00,000. Amount eligibility of 5,00,000 per year for an eligible member of the family for their medical expenses will be provided. Few benefits are list below:
- Pre hospitalization
- For medical examination, treatment.
- For food and consultation
- Complication arising during treatment
- For diagnostic, intensive, and nonintensive care.
- Post hospitalization for 15 days.
These scheme benefits are used by anyone or all members of the family with a 5,00000 cap.
The main features of this scheme are:
- PMJAY provides cash of 5,00000 to the members of the family who are under the poverty line.
- With this scheme above 190 crores, people are benefiting from this scheme.
- All the expenses three days before and 15 days later, discharge is provided.
- No matter how big the family is, no matter the gender of the member.
- From day one, they cover all the conditions he /she have.
- PMJAY candidates can go to any hospital anywhere in the country.
- Some expenses are not limited to OT /ICU, room charges, surgeon charges, drugs, supplies physicians fees.
PMJAY is the scheme that takes care of the health and hospitalization of millions of people of India who are below the poverty line. It is the largest and funded scheme that attracted the foreign debates. Through this scheme, there is a lot of improvement in middle class families to meet medical expenses. It is a mega health scheme that improved the health of many poor people.
Hope our article is helpful to understand and know about importance of PMJAY. All the information provided in this article is for information only. If you feel the information is in violation of copyright policies or rights or if any other correction is required in the information which you feel is wrongly said or conveyed in this blog, Please email email@example.com. We will review your request and act accordingly.