Epfo – Unified portal:
EPFO – Unified Portal:
What is EPFO – Unified Portal?
EPFO – Unified Portal or EPFO is abbreviated for “Employees’ Provident Fund Organization”. It is an organization owned by the Central Board and founded on 4th March 1952. It helps the Central Board in administering a compulsory contribution made by the employees for Provident Fund scheme, a Pension scheme, and an Insurance scheme. These schemes stand useful for the employees after their retirement or can be claimed during their requirement.
EPFO – Unified Portal:
EPFO – Unified Portal: Employees’ Provident Fund Organization is considered to be the world’s largest social security organization. It retrieves the fund from the individuals as mandatory for the savings to be useful for their (individual) future. Every employer deducts the specific amount from the salary of every employee which can be utilized by the individuals during their own needs. All the individuals (employees) will be provided a Universal Account Number which is used to check the total or balance amount of their provident fund. Indian Govt. had launched an official portal https://www.epfindia.gov.in/. Users can register using https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ portal to check their account details.
Information available in EPFO – Unified Portal:
EPFO portal contains many online services in which below given are the major ones.
- Principal Employers-CAIU Portal – Central Analysis Intelligence Unit. This is to monitor compliance with regard to provident fund deposits and other complaints related to EPF.
- Pensioners’ Portal – This module is for Pensioners which takes you to the field to fill “Jeevan Pramaan ID” allotted for the Pensioners. This also contains the other tabs (hyperlinks) for the below.
- TRRN Query Search – Temporary Return Reference Number. It stands as a reference to the Electronic Challan cum Return for the payments made
- International Workers Portal – This is specific for the users working abroad.
- eKYC Portal – This is where you need to upload your PAN card, ID proof, Address proof as the KYC documents.
It also provides you the recent updates in its Homepage Dashboard.
EPFO – Unified Portal is the government website used to get the updates on provident fund related schemes and to know the employee’s Provided Fund Account Balance. Govt. had also provided a very easy option to know our account balance by giving just a missed call to the number “01122901406” or SMS EPFOHO<UAN><LAN> to “7738299899”. You will get the SMS with Account balance details ONLY if you have registered your mobile number.
Below given are the portal details where the above said info can be accessed.
People need to aware of other Scam/phishing/fake sites which gives you the similar layout and design of the official portal. They need to make sure the site is secured with “https” or the lock icon as shown below.
Once you login with your UAN number and password in https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/, it will take you to the page which gives you below tabs using which you can view or update your information.
You can update your nominee details, personal details etc using the “Manage” drop down module.
If you want to view your passbook, click “PASSBOOK” under “View” drop down tab, it will take you to the page https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login
Enter your UAN and Password to login the portal.
Select your PF Member ID provided by the Employer and further you can use View Passbook, Download Passbook or View Claim Status options as per your convenience.
How to withdraw PF from EPFO – Unified Portal:
Finally, here comes the easy option to claim your PF. You will see “Online Services” tab once you login the portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- Click “Online Services” and you can see the option “CLAIM (FORM-31, 19, 10C & 10D)”. Click the option it will take you to the page where you can see all your information as below.
- Under “KYC DETAILS”, you will have to provide your Bank Account number to verify it after which it will take you the below pop up window. Click “Yes” if your bank account details are correct.
- Click on the “Proceed for Online Claim” option.
- You will have to select “PF Advance (Form 31)” to withdraw your funds online as shown below.
- A new section of the form will open, wherein you have to select the purpose for the claim, the amount required and the employee’s address
- Finally click on the certification to submit your application.
EPFO – Unified Portal is a user-friendly portal using which you can very easily update your personal, kyc or other details. You can also add nominee details. View your passbook and also claim the PF money online without any hassle.
Thanks for reading our small article on EPFO – Unified Portal. All the Information regarding the EPFO – Unified Portal mentioned in this article is for INFORMATION ONLY.