The Uttar Pradesh public service commission which is also called as UPPSC is started in the year 1937 on April 1. the main aim of this service commission is to take eligible candidates to different posts in the state. the headquarters are at Allahabad. Uttar Pradesh Public service commission is regulated in the year 1976.
What is full form of UPPSC?
The full form of UPPSC is Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. Uttar Pradesh public service commission is a state authorized to conduct civil service exams for appointing eligible candidates to various civil services of Uttar Pradesh. As part of the Civil Services Exams UPPSC conducts multiple group exams to select the eligible candidates.
What are the Functions of UPPSC?
- Based on the interview, the selection of candidates will be made.
- Based on examination and screening tests.
- Based on preliminary examination and interview.
Stages of Examination:
- There is a Preliminary examination which consists of objectives and multiple-choice questions
- Main Examination (written type)
- Viva voice (personality test)
It consists of two papers two hours for each article. each paper consists of 200 questions each.
- Current events of national and international affairs.
- Indian History and Indian national Movement
- Indian and world geography.
- Indian policy and governance.
- Economic and social development.
- General issues of climate, ecology and biodiversity.
- General Science.
- Comprehension and interpersonal skills.
- Logical reasoning Questions and analytical ability questions.
- Questions related to Decision making and the problem-solving.
- Questions related to General and mental ability.
These are up to 10 class grades.
In this examination candidate should select any two subjects from the optional subjects. Each of these subjects consists of two papers:
- General Hindi carries 150 marks
- Essay carries 150 marks.
- General studies -1 carries 200 marks
- General studies -2 carries 200 marks.
- Optional subjects are given according to their groups. in each group have to select only one subject.
- Group A: social work, anthropology, sociology.
- Group B: mathematics and statistics.
- Group C: agriculture, animal husbandry, veternary science.
- Group D: civil, mechanical, electrical and agricultural engineering.
- Group E: English, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Sanskrit literature.
- Group F: political science, international relations, public administrations.
- Group G: management and public administrations.
In these two papers, general studies paper 1&2 and essay, have to write an essay of 700 words on each topic.
Personality test mainly covers the general awareness of the persons, intelligence, character expression power/personality and general suitability for the service.
Different posts under UPPSC:
All Indian services:
- Indian administrative service (IAS)
- Indian police service (IPS)
- Indian forest service (IFRS)
Central services (group A)
• Indian P&T accounts and finance service (IP&TAFS)
• Indian audit and account service (IA&AS)
• Indian civil and account service (ICAS)
• Indian corporate and law service (ICLS)
• Indian defence and account service (IDAS)
• Indian defence estates Service (IDES)
• Indian foreign service (IFS)
• Indian information service (IIS)
• Indian ordnance factory service (IOFS)
• Indian postal service (IPoS)
• Indian railway accounts service (IRAS)
• Indian railway personal service (IRPS)
• Indian railway traffic service (IRTS)
• Indian revenue service (IRS –IT)
• Indian revenue service (IRS –CS&CE)
• Indian trade service (ITrS)
• railway protection force (RPF)
GROUP B SERVICES:
• armed forces headquarter civil service (AFHCS)
• Delhi Andaman and Nicobar Islands public service (DANICS)
• Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar police service (DANIPS)
• Pondicherry civil service (PCS)
• Pondicherry police service (PPS)
How to access UPPSC?
- Log on https://UPPSC.up.nic.in to access the home page of the candidate segment.
This UPPSC is the best method of exam in selecting candidates for the eligible posts by the government. Through this exam, a candidate who has all the knowledge of everything is chosen here. the candidate can perform well in his duties and has an experience of decision making and maintain excellent and well performance in his /her tasks. We can build a good nation with the help of these candidates.
Hope our article is helpful to understand and know about importance of UPPSC. All the information provided in this article is for information only. If you feel the information is in violation of copyright policies or rights, Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and act accordingly.