TNPDS is a Tamilnadu Electronic Public Distribution System. It is a newly proposed attempt of the state government to an automated SMART Ration card. It is a digital version of the Ration card where a citizen of Tamilnadu can apply for the new smart card through online and to check the status online. One of the importance of smart card is we prevent the paper cost.
This initiative makes our environment healthier. We can avoid any fraudulent practice, and we make sure the address is authentic. Distribution of cards can be avoided and can save the time of citizens. Smart cards bring transparency between the residents and the government.
What is TNPDS?
TNPDS is a digital form of Ration card. TNPDS scheme has reduced the time and manual human work to save the time of departmental employees. TNPDS system has also increased the consumer services where any citizen can easily access or get in touch with departmental details using SMS service, Call center and email.
It has also enhanced the digital platform where we can access through online portal, mobile App and even Facebook. One of the exciting things of TNPDS is we can get to know the nearest departmental store though the service mentioned above providers.
There are four different types of Smart Cards available. Below are the details-
- Green Card- These cardholders get basic quota of PDS system. They can avail rice and other departmental items from Fair Price Shops (FPS).
- White Card – These cardholders get basic quota of PDS system with an additional of 3kgs Sugar.
- No Commodity Card – this card is issued to those who are not interested in avail the PDS system.
- Khaki Card – This card is for the Police Officers up to their rank of Inspectors.
What is the Information Available in TNPDS?
Smart ration card looks the same as any of the DEBIT\CREDIT card. It has information like – Head of the Family, Father/Husband Name, Address, Email ID, Phone number and details of Family member. Below is how the smart ration card looks like.
Is TNPDS Government website?
Yes, TNPDS is a Tamilnadu Government website. We need some of the below documents while applying for Smart card on this website.
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Bank Passbook
- Electricity Bill
- Caste Certificate
- Recent Passport size Photo
How to access TNPDS?
One can easily access the portal with the below link or Apply Here for direct access.
Link – https://www.tnpds.gov.in/
Application Procedure (offline):
Here is the step-by-step procedure for people who are not much aware of digital India can access using below steps.
- Visit the nearest Ration shop in your area.
- Collect the smart ration card application.
- You may also download it from online with the above link.
- Fill in the form and attached all the documents.
- Once everything is done, you can head to the ration shop and submit the form manually to them.
- They will provide you with a reference number which was generated for your application form.
- Keep it handy and safe for further use or maybe until you get your Smart Card.
Procedure to check the status-
- You can access your browser and in address bar type in the URL: https://www.tnpds.gov.in/
- There will be an option “Smart Card Application Status”, please click on that.
- You will be navigated to a new window. You will need to fill your registration number which was provided to you during the time of form submission.
- Click on the SUBMIT button.
- Application status will be then displayed for you.
You may reach out to helpline number 1800-425-5901 in case if you have concern\query in your Smart card.
You can also send SMS to 9773904050 with below format only if you are a registered customer.
- PDS <Space> 101 – To get the information about Fair Price Store Item details
- PDS <Space> 102 – To get to know about Ration Shop Outlet (Opened / Closed)
- PDS <Space> 107 – In case of any complaint of the payment amount
Benefits of the registered user:
A registered user can view their card details, address, transaction details, Family members details, Aadhar card detail. You can also edit the profile online whenever it is required. You can also provide feedback about each transaction and can also rate your experience.
Procedure to update Ration Card:
- Log in to the official website.
- On the homepage on your right side, you can select whichever option you want to make changes.
- Add Member
- Change Address
- Family Head Member Change
- Remove Family Member
- Card related service request
The digitization of TNPDS will be a boom to the society if the officials are taken in a trusted way. There are cases where people don’t get enough provisions and not appropriately distributed. Many of the officials are much interested in black markets where the sell the requirements of needy to another shop to make their income. We may need to overcome such a situation to make this TNPDS a great achievement. Smart cards can avoid crowd near the ration shop, and provisions can be collected based on their token number.
Hope our article is helpful to understand and know about importance of TNPDS. All the information provided in this article is for information only. If you feel the information is in violation of copyright policies or rights, Please email email@example.com. We will review your request and act accordingly.