Job title: Assistant Manager – Operations [FMG Program Governance]
Job description: Assistant Manager – Operations [FMG Program Governance]
Job Description – FMG PMO Assistant Manager
Function, Responsibility Level:
PMO-Support, Assistant Manager
Reports to (Responsibility Level):
Cost Center (85 series):
PID/s Load Mapping:
GOSC PMO team is an extension of PMO stateside team supporting Finance Management groups with the delivery of key strategic initiatives. This position requires actively participating with cross-functional teams across MetLife global offices and providing end to end support for Project Management & PMO Administrative activities in close partnership with Program & Project Managers. Supports, interprets and analyzes Emerging FMG functions and key strategic and governance decisions including project plan maintenance, associated risks and their impacts. Keeping Program Leadership abreast of weekly status and any upcoming potential risk/issue in a timely manner.
- Prepare Management reports / dashboard view
- Drive and execute strategic projects across multiple geographies closely working with Program stateside stakeholders and various teams in FMG, IT, Actuarial, country/regional stakeholders, investment, finance etc all from PMO perspective
- Ensure projects are completed in accordance with all Risk, and other relevant firm-wide
- Be able to govern, track & maintain baselined project plans, working closely with regional stakeholders
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution process and raising issue/risks as necessary
- RAID Log Maintenance
- Preparing weekly status report for respective regions, working on late items and forward-looking view (on upcoming tasks due)
- Monitoring tasks on Critical Path of the project/program
- Scheduling / Hosting / drafting minutes and Publishing minutes for various meetings within the stipulated 24 hr SLA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Graduate or PG in any discipline with at least 1-2 years of relevant Project Management experience
- Overall, 4-5 years of experience with Minimum 3-4 years of work experience in PMO/Project Management is required
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Good Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
- Basic understanding of Project Management Concepts and Project Life cycle (preferred)
- Good understanding of MS-Office including MS-Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS word
- Basic understanding of MS Project (intermediate knowledge preferred)
- Basic knowledge of working on SharePoint
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate/articulate technical and functional issues with conclusions and recommendations to Leadership (via weekly status report)
- Should be good in excel reporting (knowledge of graphs, pivots, macros, VLOOKUP, etc. is an advantage)
- Experience managing/working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse workgroups with strong intra-team management and coaching skills
- Ability to develop and maintain robust relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Conflict Resolution skills
Other Requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training – if required)
- PMP/Prince 2/ Agile Practioner certificate is an added advantage
(and purpose of relationship):
- Strong team player
- Be able to demonstrate complete ownership & accountability of tasks assigned
(and purpose of relationship) – If Applicable
- SME / seniors at stateside for further guidance & support
- Different lines of businesses (as required) for follow-up work for closure of open / delayed project milestone tasks
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Job date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 06:33:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!