APSRTC – Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation:
APSRTC its full form is Andhra Pradesh road transport corporation is formed in 1958 on January 11. It is previously one part of Nizam state rail and road transport department in those days. Later when Andhra Pradesh is divided into two states Andhra and Telangana, TSRTC is operated as a separate entity from June 3 2015. APSRTC is working from Vijayawada Pandit Nehru bus stand as headquarters for the state of Andhra Pradesh.
What is APSRTC?
APSRTC is a public sector corporation under the ministry of the transport of the state government of Andhra Pradesh. It is formed 62 years ago. The organization is divided into four zones with 12 regional managers. With a buses count of 11,678+, the total number of owned is 8964 by the government and hired for rental is 2714+. Other states also have links to operate services along with APSRTC.
The information available in APSRTC:
It is a public transport bus service. Key people are Perni Venkataraman is transport minister Govt of Andhra Pradesh, and Nimma Gadda Surendra babu (IPS) vice-chairman and MD. From 2019, Jan 30th the registration numbering has been re-introduced to AP-39 followed by Z and then four digits.
It provides services like, vennela, night rider, Amaravati, garuda plus, Indra, super luxury, express, saptagiri, luxury, saptagiri express, metro express, metro luxury, metro semi low floor, metro deluxe, Telugu velugu, city ordinary.
It has total earnings of rupees of 30.50 per km with a loss of -465,000.8 million.
- APSRTC is one such old transport corporation which nationalized passenger road transport service in the year 1932.
- First service which introduced long-distance night express service.
- First, one who added metro express, inter-city services, metro liner, HI –tech and A/C sleeper.
- In 1986 it introduced depot computerized. all 126 depots are computerized.
- First, to appoint a safety commissioner for improving the safety of passengers.
- Reservation of tickets on phone and door delivery of cards are there.
- It is the first service which introduced first live tracking facilities for buses and GPS is fixed in all buses.
Is APSRTC a Government website?
Yes, APSRTC a government service which is owned by the government of Andhra Pradesh. One can know more about the APSRTC by logging into APSRTCONLINE.IN. This website provides details about APSRTC and also you can book tickets online for your journey.
- The email address for e-ticket related queries and refund queries is: [email protected]
- For any Other Queries you can email [email protected]
- You can also call the phone number 0866 2570005 for any queries.
We can install the app in our mobiles to book tickets, track buses etc. APSRTC is always been providing best services to all the nook and corner of the state and this has been possible by the staff of APSRTC and government.
Top routes served by APSRTC are
- Nellore bus
- Tirupathi bus
- Bangalore bus
- Guntur bus
- Chennai bus
- Visakhapatnam bus
- Vijayawada bus
- Hyderabad bus
- Rajahmundry bus
- Kakinada bus.
How to apply for APSRTC jobs?
For jobs in APSRTC, the candidates can fill in the details provided in the requirement board. Candidates should read the instructions carefully in the PDF. Candidates should apply only when the eligibility criteria are matched. the selection procedure for this is prelims, main exam, and interview. the candidate who qualified in the main exam can appear in the interview and selected as employee of APSRTC.
- To Always provide safe, clean and comfortable service at an economical fare.
- To always ensure employee and customer satisfaction.
- Attaining respect in society.
- To assist the state administration in achieving excellent service.
- To emphasize environmental and community concerns in the form of reducing pollution and noise pollution.
- To focus on service conditions and welfare of the employees for higher productivity.
Concessions for public:
- Bus passes will be provided for the students below the age of 12 years. It is offered free between the residence and school-issued by the depot manager.
- Free travel bus passes to girls studying 10th and below. The institution should be government or private registered. Head of the school should certify the date of birth and bonified of the student.
- The students studying in in cities in colleges are issued quarterly bus passes.
- Special general bus tickets are issued who are studying job-oriented courses.
- The concession of 50 % is given to physically challenged persons.
- Free bus passes to youth who are attending the govt interviews.
APSRTC is an excellent service which provides services to many people and it also provides a safe journey by implementing so many customer friendly services. It provides bus passes to many students. It gives the state a huge profit by operating the services to nook and corner of Andhra Pradesh.
Hope our article is helpful to understand and know about importance of APSRTC. All the information provided in this article is for information only. If you feel the information is in violation of copyright policies or rights or if any other correction is required in the information which you feel is wrongly said or conveyed in this blog, Please email [email protected] We will review your request and act accordingly.